« Home | God calls you... » | Me at Hebbal » | Waiting... » | Stanford » | Red Whiskered Bulbul » | Stanford » | White Throated Kingfisher » | Ashy Prinia » | Sky » | Plastic Butterfly » 

Sunday, May 14, 2006 

Gracious


Gracious, originally uploaded by SrikanthT.

Ever seen a walk as Gracious as this?
On the way to Ooty on 4th of May, found this in Bandipur around noon. I didnt expect to find them around noon though, but there were 3 adults and a calf grazing along the side of the road, closer to the Mudamalai side, and this one crossed the road after some stupid people in another car, got down to go in front of the herd to get some pictures with elephants, and the adults quickly formed a cover around the calf. It was a delight to watch them.
Then came the real adventure to negotiate 36 hair pin bends which would take you up almost 5000 ft in 20 kms
Before that managed to find a sambar stag with well grown antlers, which disappeared into forest before I could grab my camera, and a mangoose greeting at the entrance of Bandipur

It is a treat to watch an elephant family and their bondings.

Looks like you had a great trip. Post a full travel-log.

And nice template. I like it!

Good capture..I think the timing is perfect.

Definitely Kousik. I will post it.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Srikanth
  • From Bangalore, KA, India
My profile
I am nerdier than 24% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
(C) All images unless specifically mentioned are the property of Srikanth Turlapati and cannot be used in anyway without the consent of the copyright owner. Any third party content is the protected by the copyright of the respective copyright owner, and the blog administrator doesnt hold any responsibility for any infringment of the same. If you come across any material in this blog which is published against the copyright, please inform me and shall promptly be adhered to