« Home | New learnings » | Raptor » | Back » | Wagtail » | Fire » | Hibiscus » | Mecca Masjid » | Hide and Seek » | Flag » | Common Cerulean » 

Sunday, April 01, 2007 

Media plays Cricket

I too watch cricket.
I am also disappointed with the performance of "Team India"
I also participated in discussions ranging from "who should be sacked" to "what is the root cause"?(I know I am used to RCAs, blame it on my work)
I also made recommendations about who should be included in team.

But, there is an end to it.

Media is still obsessed with it. Apart from the fact that they lost obsene amount of advertising revenues, they are trying to let people concentrate on Indian cricket(not cricket as a sport).
They run shows all through the day with titles like "Should Sachin retire?" "Should Dravid continue as captian?".
They have SMS polls, expert views, discussions, etc. etc., to keep dirty minds busy.

I was flipping channels, and since my TV remote control is not very responsive, and I had the opportunity to see one such programs for more than one minute.

There were expert comments from "Rohan Gavaskar". Give me a break folks... this guy havent even played a dozen games of international cricket(Not very sure though. I am not very good at cricket statistics), and can be labelled as an expert panel member. What a great relocation package...

Can I pass off as an expert in any area? Let me think and come back. With so many news channels trying to fill up for the 24 hours of programming they need, I am sure I will find some palce as an expert. Let me try...

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Srikanth
  • From Bangalore, KA, India
My profile
I am nerdier than 24% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
(C) All images unless specifically mentioned are the property of Srikanth Turlapati and cannot be used in anyway without the consent of the copyright owner. Any third party content is the protected by the copyright of the respective copyright owner, and the blog administrator doesnt hold any responsibility for any infringment of the same. If you come across any material in this blog which is published against the copyright, please inform me and shall promptly be adhered to