« Home | White throated king fisher from Hebbal Lake - 26Ja... » | Taken some time back at the horse show.  » | Camera Cleaning » | Taken at Lalbagh some time back  » | Some pretty flowers from Republic day flower show  » | Waiting for spring...  » | Complete listing » | Taken at Hyderabad. I will not tell you where exac... » | Again smilar to the previous one from the other en... » | Same as the previous ones I will repeat them in mo... » 

Sunday, January 30, 2005 

kingfisher

that kingfisher was taken with Satz's camera.

What I meant when I said you were my "neighbor" is that your blog appeared when I pushed "Next Blog." Your photos are wonderful so I felt lucky to have seen them. I left that comment as an appreciation.

Cheers!

I was about to echo Sudarshan but then I clicked on the image and saw the image in full glory. This KF photo is good, but you needed to overexpose a little. The background is burnt and will be burnt anyway (so just don't worry about it), but it's fascinating blue color would have come out beautifully.

Thanks guys.
Sudarshan, kousik answered your question. you can click on the picture to view the bigger one.
kousik, thanks for the suggestion, i was wondering why i was unable to see its eyes, and other details, will this overexposure rule hold good even if its backlit?
i hae seen in a couple of pictures you have mentioned +2EV. That sounded a bit high, but the picture was perfect :)

Srikanth, you judge the exposure by looking at the scene, the coverage of the subject, and the metering mode you're in. If a dark subject covers only the center circle in front of a light background, you know you need to overexpose (unless you're using spot metering). And of course, also depends on color of the subject too :-)

And sometimes you just need to be bold. You just need guts to under or over expose. I had underexposed this shot by -2ev, in an early morning shoot. Let me know your comments on a too much underexposure.

Many times, I use my own judgement than my fancy camera.

Backlits are different challanges. Sometimes you want backlit as they are, but sometimes you want some more details. You'll need to overexpose then, but remember you'll burn the outline in the process ...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Srikanth
  • From Bangalore, KA, India
My profile
I am nerdier than 24% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
(C) All images unless specifically mentioned are the property of Srikanth Turlapati and cannot be used in anyway without the consent of the copyright owner. Any third party content is the protected by the copyright of the respective copyright owner, and the blog administrator doesnt hold any responsibility for any infringment of the same. If you come across any material in this blog which is published against the copyright, please inform me and shall promptly be adhered to