« Home | My next rambling... » | Pun » | Media plays Cricket » | New learnings » | Raptor » | Back » | Wagtail » | Fire » | Hibiscus » | Mecca Masjid » 

Tuesday, April 10, 2007 

I am embarrassed

I am embarrassed, because a fellow country man, that too a "very respected visionary"(I donot think that big anyway) is "trying to save embarrassement" to a very few people by not singing the national anthem, in a meeting attended by the President of India.

I am more embarrassed because there are a sizeable number of people who want to run him for the Presidency.
If you are embarrassed of singing national anthem, why call the President? I am not saying that you should be playing your national anthem every day or shout on the top of your voice, that I am patriotic. But, when there is a need for the national anthem to be played, do it with some dignity and respect it deserves.

Unfortunately this issue is reported only in Deccan Herald on Apr 09.

Thanks for posting the news item. I didnt' read before. It's very stupid, what he said. We should be proudly singing our anthem when we deem it appropriate. I have no idea how it embarrasses foreigners!

I think he simply said something and later realised his mistake.. but then it was too late!
I am sure he doesn't mean it the way it is being portrayed... The couple (he and his wife) are the most respectable "Indians" in it's true sense.
But then yes! he being a public figure should learn to weigh his words more...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Srikanth
  • From Bangalore, KA, India
My profile
I am nerdier than 24% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
(C) All images unless specifically mentioned are the property of Srikanth Turlapati and cannot be used in anyway without the consent of the copyright owner. Any third party content is the protected by the copyright of the respective copyright owner, and the blog administrator doesnt hold any responsibility for any infringment of the same. If you come across any material in this blog which is published against the copyright, please inform me and shall promptly be adhered to