« Home | Congratulations » | As promised, posting the first picture taken from ... » | Contrast » | Disciplined kids. Waiting for the mom to let them ... » | On a lonely road... » | Scacry building? » | Changing settings » | Lake » | Temple Chariot at SriRangaPattana, near Mysore.  » | After "window" it is now "windows" they are a lot ... » 

Sunday, July 10, 2005 

Tiger


My first decent shot of a butterfly. Shot on saturday morning with Satz and Nish
Being very new to digital, I was not even aware of what RAW is. This is my first experiment with Raw format. I had to struggle for a while to understand and learn the basics of post processing. I finally realised, this is not an easy job. There is a lot more involved than just shooting pictures, more so if you are using digital.

im still lost of the RAW concept coz my camera cant do that .. but someday .. :)
nice one again.

I have no idea what RAW is. I have to ask my digital photography consultant Iyyaps :)

Thats a nice picture of a butterfly - so did you have to do post processing to get that finish?

Few weekend shoots and post processing of those pics wid make u master.. dont worry :-)

I found few online books.. it might be usefull to u.. I wld send the links thru mail.

Lovely butterfly. I have posted a butterfly pix too 2day. DOnt worry U will the hang of RAW and once U get it U will never want go anyother way :)

Few more days :) i should start clicking raw, on the other hand i am thinking to try bw with film :)

Nice one here! the dof is lovely and the colours have come out real nice

Congrats on the new experiment with RAW. I've not graduated to that level yet..Good luck and hope to see more of these pics..

This is a great shot.

thank you all.
This is the first step to RAW, but a very long way to go

I am sure you realized that "RAW" is the thing. Try the RAW to TIFF converter from phaseone.com -- it is called C1, one of the best conversion program (well either you pay a lot of $$$ or reinstall the trial version every 30 days).

About this photo: Nice composition of a striped tiger. I wish the wings were more open for a perfect display, but I understand luck doesn't smile everyday ...

Great shot!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Srikanth
  • From Bangalore, KA, India
My profile
I am nerdier than 24% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
(C) All images unless specifically mentioned are the property of Srikanth Turlapati and cannot be used in anyway without the consent of the copyright owner. Any third party content is the protected by the copyright of the respective copyright owner, and the blog administrator doesnt hold any responsibility for any infringment of the same. If you come across any material in this blog which is published against the copyright, please inform me and shall promptly be adhered to