« Home | Happy Birthday » | Monsoon Magic » | Monsoon Magic » | Lepakshi-Painting-Crop » | Lepakshi-Painting » | Lepakshi » | Entrance » | Lepakshi Nandi » | Dance Teacher » | Lepakshi Temple » 

Friday, September 30, 2005 

Importance of a "Day"

What is the importance of a day?
Why do we have Birthday only on the same day every year?
Why do we get New YearDay every year on the same day?
Why do we celebrate a particular festival, be it related to any religion on a "particular" day every year?

Dont get scared with my questions, I know these are very stupid questions, but "some" people in Bangalore doesnt seem to understand them.
I hve seen it last year and the years before too, but "Ganesha Festival" can come at any time of the year in Bangalore.
It might surprise people who are new to Bangalore or havent seen Bangalore.
I have seen a Ganesh immersion yesterday and today I have seen two major traffic jams near Koramangala because of this "untimely" celebrations.

I couldnt understand the sanity of the minds of people celebrating Ganesh festival now.
I really felt like playing "Holi" with them all of sudden

PS: Comments were not being recorded suddenly for some wierd reason. I seem to have fixed that, I have added a test comment to my previous post. Please feel free to add comments :)

About me

  • I'm Srikanth
  • From Bangalore, KA, India
My profile
I am nerdier than 24% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
(C) All images unless specifically mentioned are the property of Srikanth Turlapati and cannot be used in anyway without the consent of the copyright owner. Any third party content is the protected by the copyright of the respective copyright owner, and the blog administrator doesnt hold any responsibility for any infringment of the same. If you come across any material in this blog which is published against the copyright, please inform me and shall promptly be adhered to