« Home | Poppies and a Lake » | White Tiger » | Tiger » | Congratulations » | As promised, posting the first picture taken from ... » | Contrast » | Disciplined kids. Waiting for the mom to let them ... » | On a lonely road... » | Scacry building? » | Changing settings » 

Monday, July 25, 2005 

Golden Night



Taken at the Golden Gate bridge around an hour after sunset. 30 secs exposure on ISO 200 negative film.
There is something wrong with this picture. People who are familiar with the place can easily identify that. That is a quiz for now.
I will answer that tomorrow.
Click on the picture for a bigger version

Nice shot! ya is it a mirror image?

Blue!! How did u get it man?

Nice shot :-)

thank you all.
you got it right. That is a mirror image. That was not intentional. I gave the slides to a photo lab to scan them and put on a CD. I realised that all the pictures which I got are mirror images. They basically put the wrong side up and scanned it.
Satz/Sud : Blue is just because of the long exposure, and a bit of increased colour saturation in photoshop. And the slide does get that rich colours. I mentioned it wrong that it was a negative. It was a slide(provia 100)

at 30s exposure, it is difficult to have control because of reciprocity failure. Still then you have superb result! Good shot!

great shot man! Why not try a d-cam??
Although nothing beats the good ol'reels...

Srikar: I have recently gone digital. This was one of the last rolls I have shot.

im an illiterate as far as technical jargon goes .. but one thing's for sure .. the golden gate bridge never looks bad fm whichever angle it is shot. what say?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Srikanth
  • From Bangalore, KA, India
My profile
I am nerdier than 24% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to find out!
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
(C) All images unless specifically mentioned are the property of Srikanth Turlapati and cannot be used in anyway without the consent of the copyright owner. Any third party content is the protected by the copyright of the respective copyright owner, and the blog administrator doesnt hold any responsibility for any infringment of the same. If you come across any material in this blog which is published against the copyright, please inform me and shall promptly be adhered to